Swissport Cargo opens new warehouse at Frankfurt Airport
Air France KLM Martinair Cargo’s ground handling agent Swissport Cargo Services has opened its new state-of-the-art warehouse at Frankfurt Airport.
November 06, 2020: On November 2, Air France KLM Martinair Cargo's ground handling agent Swissport Cargo Services opened its new state-of-the-art warehouse at Frankfurt Airport.
GertJan Roelands, SVP of sales and distribution at AFKLMP Cargo, said, "Germany is a strategic market for Air France KLM Martinair Cargo. We are continually striving to enhance our product proposition to assure our customers of the best possible service. Together with Swissport, we will be taking the next step in achieving this ambition."
The new Swissport facility, covering 17,000 square metres, will enable to offer customers best-in-class handling services, specifically in the field of logistical solutions for pharma and healthcare. This new strategic handling hub offers the following features:
- COOL - a large, state-of-the-art pharmaceutical centre:
- Three gates that enable direct delivery to the pharmaceutical centre.
- Storage areas: Range 2C to 8C: 2 x 260 square metres and range 15C to 25C: 1,300 square metres.
- Active container capacity: Approximately 30 plug-in stations with separately fused, high-voltage connections.
- Restricted goods (DG) with temperature requirements.
- ULDs are built in a temperature-controlled area at 15C to 25C.
- GREEN - a well-devised sustainability concept:
- Solar cells on the roof: capacity of approx. 1.5 million kWh per year.
- E-fleet (forklifts etc.).
- E-charging stations in the parking lot.
- FAST - a slot management system with efficient shipment delivery/collection:
- Delivery slot allocation, avoiding peaks and waiting times.
- Transparency by way of live information.
- Standardised and uniform processes.
Peter Visser, director for Germany and Austria at AFKLMP Cargo: "We congratulate Swissport on the opening of this ultramodern warehouse. Together, we are ready for a future in which we will offer customers extensive capabilities, including the transportation of Covid-19 vaccines."
Air France KLM Martinair Cargo is preparing itself, together with other directly involved partners, for the future transport of Covid-19 vaccines. This includes expansion of handling facilities, improved monitoring and intervention management, strategic partnerships with pharmaceutical container suppliers and many more activities.